“Little Lamb, who made thee? …Little Lamb, I’ll tell thee…Little Lamb, God bless thee!”
Little Lambs Preschool was established in 1996, as a ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church in DeKalb, IL. The preschool was founded as a Christian Outreach to the church and the community; however, we proudly accept children of all religious backgrounds.
The name of our Christian preschool comes from a poem by William Blake titled, The Lamb. Without apology and unabashedly, Little Lambs Preschool is committed to echoing, imitating and role-modeling the Good Shepherd’s own actions, welcoming little lambs and providing them with a nurturing Christian preschool education.
At Little Lambs Preschool, we feel that a quality education in a Christian setting is important for children in our community. We work in partnership with families to develop a solid foundation for our preschoolers. We focus on the child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual development. The result is a well-rounded Christian preschool education that builds a foundation for lifelong development.
As a Christian preschool, our curriculum is rooted heavily in realizing the significant role God plays in our lives. As we help them explore the world around them and learn fundamentals, we also help the children in our care connect with guiding, governing spiritual concepts. Little Lambs Preschool seeks to help each child:
- Have a personal relationship with God
- Experience cognitive, social, emotional, physical and spiritual growth
- Develop self-worth
- Grow in social skills through group interaction
- Increase self-expression through language skills
- Learn to adjust to new situations
- Increase attention span and the ability to follow simple directions
- Develop independence and problem-solving skills
- Grow in the ability to get along with children and adults
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Know Jesus as a friend and Savior
Welcoming Little Lambs
Little Lambs Preschool of Immanuel Lutheran Church welcomes children ages 3-5 years old in DeKalb, IL. We seek to provide a loving, safe, nurturing environment for each child, and a path to cognitive, social, emotional, physical and spiritual growth. For more information, please contact us today at 815-756-6669.